Sunday 5 July 2015

Ships can be fun, for some of the family, part 2.


Although I am not much of a Battleship player, nor is going up any of the current BB lines part of my plan, I am having a blast (no pun intended, okay, may be a little) with my Arkansas Beta. My son, who developed a liking to Japanese Battleships, namely the Yamato, played a little of them before the Open Beta phase. Sadly, he chose not to get in the required battles to pick up an Arkansas of his own.


Today, I asked him if he wanted to play a few round of World of Warships with me. Much to his surprise, he found a premium tier IV Japanese Battleship, the Ishizuchi, that I gifted to him in his port. The excitement he gave off over this will be one of those happy memories I will cherish for a long time to come. So, we Divisioned up and I clicked the Co-op mode....


Despite the enemy teams being made up of just bots in this optional gameplay, I had this feeling this certain group was going to be some very stiff opposition.



Okay, he might not have had a stellar first battle with his new ship, but at least there was effort seen on his part. I loaded up for our second and last sortie....


Whoa, "Top of the food chain", very nice. Now, to just to make that work to our advantage.



While I did not do nearly as well this time around, my boy surprised me with his performance.

Now, before somebody comes charging, laying claims that Co-op Battles are "easy mode", I would say no, to a degree. For newer players, for those returning to the game after a period of time and/or breaking in a new ship, either a tech tree or premium version, this mode will offer challenges. The AI controlled opponents can be somewhat predictable, but the human team can still dish out surprises, some not as pleasant as others.

Besides all of that, I had a good time playing with my son on the virtual seas. I hope he did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment