Saturday 4 July 2015

New premium ships! When? I have no idea.


I just stumbled across this thread from the European World of Warships forums http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/17669-new-ships-in-wows-diana-marblehead-tachibana-and-mikasa/ and things have piqued my interest for the future.


First, the Russian/Soviet Cruiser Diana. I am kinda meh about this ship, since the previous version of this class, the tier III Aurora, is already ingame and has been for a long time now. I wouldn't expect to be much of a difference between the two ships in terms of performance and characteristics, unless the new one is down-tiered, for some reason.


The Marblehead CL-12 was a real life Omaha Class cruiser, so I am expecting this ship to be in line with the tech tree version and Soviet Lend-Lease version, the Murmansk. An American premium tier V Cruiser would be very tempting for me.


Right now and for as long I have been with the game, the Umikaze was and has been the Japanese Destroyer at tier II. However, back in the early Alpha days, this spot was occupied by the Tachibana. A tier II premium Destroyer? Sounds like a new player promotion/Holiday gift ship to me.


The Japanese Battleship Mikasa is not only an infamous landmark in Japan, but a ship with a most interesting history. Learn more about her here http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/Inside-ships-Mikasa/

So, out of these four ships and if they were available to be purchased right now, I mean today, there is only one that interests me. The Marblehead would come in the tier and class I would snap up in a heartbeat. Although I am having fun with my Arkansas-Beta Battleship, purchasing another, especially a lower tiered one, isn't part of my plans. The Diana? Same story there, along with the Tachibana.

However, I have this funny feeling about those last two, perhaps the "Ship's Santa" might put one of those under my tree, some year.

No comments:

Post a Comment