Thursday 2 July 2015

A lucky play, that didn't go unnoticed.


From the first few games I played it, I knew the Gremyashchy was going to be my "perfect" ship. Granted, I will have good days and bad, wins, defeats and draws, but the ship itself, as depicted in World of Warships, is everything I want from the gaming experience.

It's fast, highly maneuverable, equipped with guns that can dish it out and a hull that can take it in return. Now, if only I could get the same kind of experience from my tier VII Sims.


So, to the battle in question. I never really had much of a plan, more or less, just played it out as things unfolded. The only real, conscience choice I made was make an attempt to capture/reset the D point....


....and after taking heavy damage and the loss of two main guns, I wound up driving in circles, blasting what I could, using the terrain for cover.


Part of how I contributed to my team's victory was by staying alive and on the move, keeping a close eye of any landfall hangups that would have slowed me down. Luck played a huge part in this engagement too, since the enemy team who did fire at me, never collected their "lucky roll of the dice" and finished me off. I let out big sighs of relief as shells either fell short or flew over my head. The Gremy continues to payoff, in so many ways.

So, instead of creating a story out of this sortie, I have chosen to upload the replay file. To view it, be sure you have an up-to-date World of Warships client. Download the replay from here http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=09202845566746193893 and when the transfer is complete, right click the file, select "Open with" and choose World of Warships Beta as the program. Another option is create a shortcut to your WoldOfWarships.exe and drag the replay to it (it will open the file in the program).

No comments:

Post a Comment