Tuesday 30 June 2015

Redemption and temptation.


A shot from earlier today....


....and another, from a few hours later. I would seem that WarGaming is fulfilling the rest of the Humble Bundle terms surrounding the Murmansk offer. Frankly, I counted myself lucky to just get the ship, but I won't say no to receiving the rest of the package.

From a public relations perspective, I believe this is a very good move on WG's part, right before the "soft launch" into Open Beta. Based on some of the posts I have read on the main North American forums, "faith" has been restored to some after completing this transaction.


Currently being offered through the gift shop, the "limited" time Warspite deal will allow new and existing players to pick up this tier VI British Battleship and for some, being the highest tiered premium ship available for purchase (all indicators are pointing to the Warspite being carried forward through the Open Beta phase, despite the previous statements that it wouldn't be). However, I took a look at the ingame option, buying through the tech tree....


....for a mere 6500 Doubloons? So, the better deal for me, would be just pick up a package that would be inclusive of the 5000 Doubloons I already have banked/collected and make up the difference.

But, I won't and here's why. As tempting as it would be to acquire the only current premium British ship in the game, it's a battleship, a class I am not performing well in at this time. Also, it doesn't fit into my previously stated plan of using Destroyers, and a more serious look at Cruisers.

Even if I were to dismiss the first two reasons away, my final deciding factor was the comparison between the Warspite and my "earned" Arkansas. All I would be doing, for all intents and purposes, is buying a "somewhat" better ship than the one I just got for "free".

I will "stick to my guns" and hold out for a premium ship that fits in better with the direction I want to go in. Perhaps, I might get a deal with it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment