Tuesday 30 June 2015

The first thirty battles, milestones and mistakes.


No sooner do I accomplish my first mini-goal of reaching level 7 since the last wipe, now I have arrived at level 8. So what do these little bonuses do for me from here on in? No real idea, perhaps I will have a closer look at those at a later date.


So far, not a very pretty picture, statistically speaking. Here is how my ships are measuring up, at this point....


Time to get my head more into the game, since there will be no more wipes to player statistics, anymore.


More bad news here, seems I forgotten some of the lessons I should have learned and retained by now. Then again, I could use the excuse of things being "still early yet"....but I won't.


Despite my best current efforts, coupled with my prior experience with American Battleships, I don't feel I am doing very well with the Arkansas. I am having difficulties adjusting to the slow speed, slow to maneuver, slow to aim and shells that take a long time to hit their targets, if they are still there when those same shells arrive. However, it was what I have seen a quite a few matches now, that has me a bit worried....



....the Arkansas seems to have become a "shell magnet". I can't even count the number of times, when I get spotted in a battle, just how short my life becomes. Sadly, from the "giving end" of things, I almost feel bad for being a part of the "beatdown party". Perhaps, it's just a phase that will pass, then again, I will continue to keep on eye on this and see if it becomes a short-term norm.


Just as it was during most of my Closed Beta experiments, the premium tier V Soviet Cruiser, Murmansk, is still a strong performer for me. The guns are still good, it can take quite a beating and the torpedoes can still pull off a few surprises. By and far, a wise move on my part to buy into the Humble Bundle package, that was offered just a while ago now.


With the good, comes the bad. My tier VII American Destroyer, Sims, has been a disappointment. Not so much the ship, but how I am not using it properly. A big part of the issue is, I am trying to use it like my tier V Soviet Destroyer, Gremyashchy, when I shouldn't. The two ships couldn't be anymore different from each other and I am not adjusting my playstyle to maximize the Sims' attributes, rather playing in a "generic destroyer mode". Something I need to work on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment