Wednesday 2 December 2015

While I was gone....


Going backwards to the last post I made here, this is what I missed out on over the previous five months....

July, the launch of some new Community Contests on the forums and update 0.4.0.4.

August, TwitchCon, update 0.4.0.5, WarGaming's 17th Anniversary, with players receiving the tier III American Cruiser, U.S.S. Albany (yeah, missed that one, fun ship back in Beta), GamesCon and PaxPrime.

September, update 0.4.1, the first X2 weekends, game goes Live, Tirpitz introduced and update 0.5.0.1.

October, update 0.5.0.2, Ranked Battles introduced, Soviet Destroyers and German Cruisers now ingame, Phantom Fortress event, the strangely painted premium Japanese Destroyer, IJN Fujin....


....is available for a limited time, during the Haunted Hornet event. I even got a few games in during this period....


November, update 0.5.1, Veteran's Day, update 0.5.1.1, Thanksgiving and Ranked Battles Season 2.

Granted, I didn't cover everything that happened in minute detail in my absence, but needless to say, I missed a few things between then and now.

Some of the reasons I haven't been around much, playing sporadically here and there is that real life activities consumed most of my time, not allowing me to partake in virtual adventures. But, I did find time to slip the odd game in, across most of the WarGaming titles, just Ships took a bit of a back seat to Planes and Tanks.


I didn't abandon Ships altogether now, I still kept an eye out for special things I thought would come in handy, especially after my communications vacuum surrounding the Albany-not-in-my-harbor incident.

In mid-November, I caught wind of this, now closed, giveaway http://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/world-of-warships-bonus-code-invite-code-key-giveaway collected my prizes and blasted a few battles off in PvE mode....



Now, with the month of December underway, I keep an eye on the Ships forums and Portal, waiting to see if there is anything to entice me to put in more time on the waves. Right now, despite some new nations and their ships added to the game, I am not very much in a grinding mood. I have been somewhat content to just login, here and there, collecting on some of my ship's Dailies.

Now, if a decent Mission were to show up, similar to what Tanks and Planes has offered in the past (and rumors abound, could be again this Holiday Season), I might just make the extra effort to set sail for that loot.

Until then, I will just causally patrol the waters, searching....waiting....

No comments:

Post a Comment