Thursday 31 March 2016

Beware the bath toys


World of Warships has finally presented their take on April Fools Day events.


Their event is called Jacuzzi Mode and can only be used by ships like the one pictured above. In fact, all the ships are the same except of the coloring, which represent the current nation choices in the game.


While I wouldn't call it a Jacuzzi, it does appear to me to be more like a populated bathtub, without the bubbles, but ready for a child.


As you can tell, I haven't given up on my talent for dying. Despite the sparkly effects from both the friendly and enemy ship's cannons, the bots in Coop Mode felt a little stronger and smarter than usual, especially for being only in tier I boats. Here is a randomly picked battle from the few I played today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4KvlBjhYDM

Between World of Warships and War Thunder http://wowsquesnel.blogspot.ca/2016/03/hoist-sails-stand-by-braces-and-ready.html I would have to pick the latter to be more entertaining with an unexpected twist, since the surprise factor of Gaijin not only pulling off a nautical mode, but the battles from the Age of Sails took me back a few years in my gaming life.

Jacuzzi Mode from WOWS felt like a redress from the rest of the game for me, with oversized inflatable obstacles replacing the usual islands. I understand the intended purpose from bathroom background scene, it just didn't have that effect on me.

It might sound biased and some others might enjoy the former more than the latter, but that is how I saw it from my perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment