Thursday 31 March 2016

An interesting glitch makes for legendary results


In all honesty, I can't get enough of this April Fools mode from War Thunder. As much as I have played and enjoyed World of Warships, the potential Gaijin is showcasing has me believing that if they can perfect their interpretation of nautical warfare, they could very well have a real hit on their hands.

However, there are a few things that need to be ironed out first. During one of the battles I had tonight was seeing this bug....flying ships. I have seen the odd mention of this on the War Thunder forums, but witnessing it for myself was both funny and awe inspiring.


The fortunate part was it was only affecting the enemy team, all the blue guys were still floating in the water, where they belonged. However, it's not an everyday sight to see a old wooden warship just lift up out of the sea and take to the air. Sadly, I couldn't elevate my cannons to get any shots on them, as the rose to the heavens.



Seems the flying ships were too much for the server and the battle was brought to an abrupt end.


I do believe that War Thunder must be feeling confident about testing the Naval Forces component in this way, thinly disguised as ships from a golden, but bygone era. I suspect that rendered ships from the time period this game covers can't be too far off now, or even close to releasing Naval Forces, much in the same way as when Ground Forces was introduced.

Either way, I have a forum signature ready to go, showing off I was here, in the early days, when the third element to the War Thunder universe was shown off, wearing the thin veil of being a farce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment