Tuesday 28 April 2015

Rule Britannia!






With my Closed Beta client now updated to 0.3.0.93081, I can finally lay my eyes on one of the most anticipated ships rumored to be coming to World of Warships, HMS Warspite. Although I lack the tokens (priced at 7500 for this tier VI premium British Battleship) to purchase one myself, to try it out during this phase of the game, I am sure I will be seeing much more of them in the future.

However, from what I have seen today, with the few floating around, I am not overly impressed. By the very nature of WarGaming's policies, Premium ingame vehicles, from tanks to planes and now ships, have been middle of the road performers. Designed to be somewhat better than stock counterparts of their same tier, but not as good as fully upgraded ones, either. Some could easily find examples which could be perceived as exceptions to this general rule, but they are far and few compared to the rest of those being offered.

So, by the numbers, let's have a quick look at what the Warspite brings to a battle....





....obviously, there are some strengths to be found and used, along with weaknesses to be compensated for. The few battles I was in today, none of the Warspites on my team survived to the end of the engagement. And the few I encountered on the enemy team, while using my Gremyashchiy....




....couldn't take a sustained pounding from my guns. However, things could get changed with the characteristics surrounding this ship, it's still only a Beta, after all.





With the arrival of the Warspite, the door is now open for future inclusions of other ships from the Royal Navy. At this point, it must be kinda obvious what class of ships I will be waiting for....

No comments:

Post a Comment